monthly music

Last day of the month and you know what time it is! Monthly music time!

The "New Beginnings January" mix has something for everyone, but sadly I hit a little glitch when uploading it to Grooveshark. For some reason, the system won't let me upload 5 of the songs I wanted to share. 

So frustrating! 

So below you will find the list of all tracks I intended to put on the album, but the actual playlist on Grooveshark will be missing a few. I have marked the songs that are missing below with an * in case you wanted to check them out. I have also put the playlist up on iTunes if you would like to purchase one or all of the songs. To listen, click the "actual playlist" link above and select "Play All".

Playlist Cover Art by MarianneLoMonaco on Etsy.
  1. With Her Weels Again - This Is the Kit
  2. Don't Carry It All - The Decemberists*
  3. Intermission - Senator & The New Republic*
  4. Rolling In the Deep - Adele
  5. Parachute - Ingrid Michaelson
  6. Make It Through - Sherwood*
  7. January White - Sleeping At Last
  8. In a Tree - Priscilla Ahn*
  9. Marathon - Tennis
  10. Where the Road Meets the Sun - Katie Herzig & Matthew Perryman
  11. Regret - Wye Oak
  12. One Whole Hour - Scarlett Johansson*

2 comments

  1. Can't wait to play through these when I get a chance. If you could use just one word to describe your playlist, what would it be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm....that's a good question. Maybe "Intersect"? Because this a playlist to start off the year I would like to think that it is both a beginning and an end, a place where several things cross over each other. A place where we can take what we have learned or regretted or desire and put them all together to determine where we plan to go next. For me, I essentially replay my year and figure out where to go next when January hits. Not really a new year's resolution, but a fresh start. With intersect I feel like I am defining the space between "was" and "will be" and bringing experiences together that would otherwise never have been connected. These songs represent places I have been in my life, places I am now, lessons I am learning and ways I hope to feel. Did I explain that clearly? Kind of an odd one, huh?

    ReplyDelete